Statistical analyse of diseases

ood morning everyone,

I am currently working on a project to evaluate the efficacy of one chemical product to reduce the development of a fungal pathogen on a field.
To evaluate this I have 12 plots of 1m² each, 6 are treated every month and 6 not. Randomly disposed.

After several months of trial, I now have results every month of the fungal contamination on each plot.

The results are for example :

Plot A treated, end of july → 5 fungal infections, that covers an area of 20 cm² and with a perimeter of 47 cm.

Plot A’ non treated, enf of july → 8 fungal infections, that covers an area of 39 cm² and with a perimeter of 68 cm.

And this for every plot, during several months.

How can I use this to prove (or not) the efficacy of the tested product ?

I was wishing to use R Studio to analyse my project.

Thanks in advance for your help

It is better to reserve the word “proof” for formal mathematics. Your experiment would provide evidence for or against an effect (depending upon what assumptions you made before collecting data).

It is probably better to think of this as estimating the magnitude of the effect (if any exists).

The short answer is that it seems like this should be addressed by a regression model that adjusts for factors that predict fungal infection. These factors should have been thought about in the experimental design phase. Experimental design determines the proper method of analysis.

For further info on analysis of experiments, read whatever Stephen Senn writes about it, until you understand it. Here is a start.