2x2 repeated measures Bayesian ANOVA (interaction)

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me, because I am confused. One reviewer asked me to include Bayesian analysis in my paper, but I am not sure that I am getting this right, so any help would be much appreciated. I paste the JASP output with BF10:

think my analysis shows the following:

The differences in face conditions are 1.063e +14 more favoured than the lack of differences b (BF10 = 1.063e +14, posterior M = 5.47, SD = .55, CI = 4.29 – 6.54). The lack of differences in cond was 4.88 times more favoured compared to the differences between groups (BF01 = 4.88, posterior M = -.25, SD = .92, CI = -2.23 – 1.5). The lack of interaction was 4.14 times more favoured than the interaction (BF01 = 4.14, posterior lM = -.28, SD = .51, CI = -1.32 – 0.72).

Is this interpretation correct? My understanding is that for the interaction I need to check the analysis of the effects table, am I right?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Like

The key to interaction analysis is the choice of prior for the differential (interaction) effects. This captures how much borrowing of information you are allowing across levels of the interacting factor. Which prior did you choose and how did you choose it?