I ran a logistic mixed model, but I’m not sure about its random effects.
Let’s start by describing the data.
Each patient on this study underwent 4 examinations:
- 2 examinations with the device A
- 2 examinations with the device B
For each examination, there are about 10 measurements, and for each measurement there is a flag specifying if a specific feature/pattern is detected.
So, the measurement is nested within the examination, which is nested within the device, which is nested within the patient.
The objective of this model is to test if the occurrence of this feature is higher for one device.
I ran with
lme4::glmer function the logistic model by taking:
- Response: the occurrence of the feature as the response
- Fixed effect: the device : DEVICE
- Random effect: a “full nested” nested effect: (1 | PATIENT/DEVICE/EXAMINATION)
Do you think this model is relevant ?
Thanks a lot for your answers.